1.29.2011

Project: Leila post production

Here's an edited render of Leila. I'm just following what the crits are suggesting at BlenderArtists forum. Here is what I have came up so far:
Leila re-rendered with fixed cornea and iris
[another final render]


I've scaled down the cornea and the iris to match the size of the eyelids so she won't look like a doll or something. I figured that's the thing that makes her look odd. I also fixed the lighting on her eyes: I've included a spot light that lights only the layer where the eyes are. This is to illuminate the cornea better to highlight its color. Right now it gives more character to the whole portrait. I found out that there were two hemi lights located at her right side subtly lighting the right side of the face. I removed the other one and slightly increased the one remaining to normalize the lighting of the shadow on the right side of her face.

Progress Update

Leila,fixed hair
[fixed hair]


I fixed the hair to make it look more messy because I didn't like her previous one. I figured since I'm editing her and going to be rendering for another 10 long minutes, why not fix her hair.

Here's the Blender color tweak using nodes:
leila,fixed hair
[Blender Compositor Render]


...and here's the Gimp retouch:
Leila,Gimp,retouch
[Gimp retouch]


I had to save a Gimp file (.xcf) file for this last one since I may be doing another Gimp retouch in the future if I need to edit it again. I should have figured this out 3 final renders before. So this is the current final render for Leila, hope you like it.

No comments:

Visit my website here.